Helga Gerlach Senior Award
The EAAV Helga Gerlach Senior Award is intended to honour senior veterinarians with outstanding contributions to the avian medical field.
Potential candidates should fulfil the following requirements:
– Veterinary surgeon of good standing
– 15 years of service to avian medicine
– Contributed substantially to enrich the literature on avian medicine
– Promoted avian medicine through teaching, research or clinical performance
– Exemplary disposition to strive for excellence in avian medicine
Proposal and selection
Candidates can be proposed from outside and inside the selective committee by providing name, affiliation and contact of the proposed person. Self-application is not possible.
Selection of recipient is performed within the selective committee with a secret ballot. The selective committee consists of the chairperson of the scientific committee for avian medicine during ICARE and six members of the EAAV Board and EAAV Advisory Board.
The prize is awarded at the EAAV award ceremony during ICARE and consists of the Helga Gerlach Award Statuette and 1000 €.